QSAND Partnerships and Communications Officer
The QSAND team at BRE is looking for a Partnerships and Communications Officer to play a key role in our mission to build a better world together. The position is full time, fixed term for 12 months with the possibility of extension subject to funding.
We are seeking an outgoing, self-motivated individual with an interest in disaster response, recovery and international development to support us in our mission to build a better world together and raise our profile worldwide.
Developed on behalf of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) QSAND is a free to use shelter and settlement resilience and sustainability built environment tool. It promotes, informs and guides decisions about sustainable approaches to relief, recovery and reconstruction before and / or after natural disasters. It not only supports disaster affected communities to sustainably and resiliently rebuild but also to encourages embedding of features which support greater resilience against disasters promoting faster recovery from future events. http://www.qsand.org/
QSAND is maintained and operated by the BREEAM team at BRE with support from the BRE Trust, IFRC and other organisation. BREEAM is part of a group of companies owned by the BRE Trust. Our mission is to ‘Build a Better World Together’.
What we are looking for
A dynamic, socially active, outgoing individual to work with us, and a range of humanitarian and other stakeholders (local country organisations and governments, NGO’s aid agencies, technical sector experts, current and potential donors, corporate organisations, corporate and humanitarian foundations etc.), to create, manage and strengthen stakeholder relationships, drive fundraising activities, help grow QSAND.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Self-motivated with a passion for working with others and a strong can-do attitude
- Solutions orientated, highly organised and a team player with good problem solving skills
- A natural communicator with a feel for language and tone who can work well under pressure
How you can expect to spend you day
- Establishing new, managing and strengthening existing stakeholder and partner relationships
- Leading, organising fundraising activities including grant applications, sponsorship and crowd funding activities
- Leading/driving QSAND social media, promotion and communications activities including website content management, writing blogs posts and other media related communications
- Supporting QSANDs management and operation including:
- Preparing and delivery of webinars, seminars and training courses
- Resource managing, guiding, supporting staff, volunteers as needed.
- Inputting into BRE’s management systems including finance and customer relations.
- Supporting research and development activities where required including providing basic technical and/or operational support to QSAND users
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate will thrive in a high pressure environment and be able to demonstrate:
- Education to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Good understanding of needs, priorities and perspectives of corporate partners and external stakeholders within the private sector
- Experience of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Excellent customer service and going the extra mile
- Excellent communications skills including written and spoken English and presentational skills
- Exceptional numeracy and organisational skills and attention to detail
- Great social media skills, research skills and analytical ability
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to tight timescales and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get involved and try new things
- Experience of using digital communications channels and tools, and updating websites
- Component experienced user of IT and social media including common Microsoft Office applications
- Competent in using Microsoft Office suite especially outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience of managing projects to a high standard and minimal supervision
- Fundraising and grant writing experience
- Knowledge of Word Press
- Experience in international development or disaster relief, recovery or reconstruction work
- Experience of supervising and motivating others
- Good working knowledge of charity law
- An understanding of corporate responsibility issues
- An ability to develop creative ideas with an good eye for brand and design
- Conversant in a UN official language other than English e.g. Spanish etc.
- Knowledge of QSAND, BREEAM, planning, master planning, and/or community sustainability
What you will get?
BRE is made up of a range of individuals from different backgrounds all committed to driving forward advances and improvements in the built environment. Our mission is to build a better world together. We offer an exciting and intellectually challenging environment that brings together world renowned expertise, innovation and opportunities to make a difference.
What you can get include:
- Opportunities to develop your skills in a range of areas and attend internal CPD and/or training courses
- Working with international stakeholders, aid agencies and construction experts
- Working alongside a wide range of world renowned experts in the built environment and sustainability
- Learning about the BREEAM family of schemes and sustainability in the built environment
- Exploring the BRE’s Innovation Park at BRE’s head office site where innovative methods of construction and affordable building technology and sustainability are showcased
- On site sporting and social facilities including a football pitch, tennis courts and a small gym, and many out of hours social activities.
Our unique and exemplary work has attracted the attention of world leaders, the UK monarchy and key influencers in society: the UK Prime Minister and many of the UK Cabinet, the Premier of China Mr Li-Keqiang, HRH Prince Charles and many more. Our science has been applied to some of the most outstanding and iconic buildings in the UK and Europe including the London 2012 Olympic stadia, IKEA and other retail stores, European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), Eindhoven University of Technology’s Atlas Building and many more.
Full time, Fixed term 12 month contract (with possibility of extension subject to funding)
How to apply:
To apply, submit a covering letter and CV, explaining why you feel you are suitable for this position at the following link https://careers.bre.co.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=4271…
Closing date: 29th July 2018